Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Oct 1 2019 Dark Night of the Soul

1st Oct 2019

Octpowrimo starts again and I want to try and have a little something for every day of the month.
If you would like to join in go just google  Octpowrimo 2019 and you'll find out more.
It's good fun and keeps you writing.

Day one...

Dark Night of the Soul

It seemed I had 
Everything I wanted,
Husband, children, friends, job
Enough monetarily - although
We never really think we have 
Enough
I couldn't honestly say
I lacked anything
Yet,
Yet, I was lonely 
But I couldn't say
There was something missing
I didn't feel me
Didn't feel whole
But I couldn't say
In the depths of my very being
There was a heavy emptiness. 
Everything was black
But I couldn't say
There was just this
Dark hole 
That held 
A pain 
A pain I couldn't explain.        

12 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. No. It relates to the time when I lived a dark night spiritually. I had given up my faith. Told myself God didn't exist , that I didn't need him. Nine years of hell. Very real. Happy to say after nine years in the desert I returned to my Lord, who had been waiting for me, as he does, in 1981 and haven't looked back. And although there have still been tough times, I have never felt alone or empty since. Thank you for asking.

      Delete
    2. Wow...so GOOD to hear. Amen. He is real!

      Delete
  2. This is powerful. "We never really think we have/Enough" is so so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gram, I love the way you were able to explain the unexplainable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jade. It wasn't easy.
      But it is true so...

      Delete
  4. It would be dark without Him, i'm glad you came back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yoĆ¹. I'm thankful everyday for my Faith. Life doesn't make an ounce of sense without God.

      Delete
  5. A true dark night of the soul. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a true tale Morgan. Thank you for reading my work

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.