Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Day 30 - Who Am I

30th Oct 2019



Day 30.
And only one more poem to go for the challenge.







Exploring poetry in all its forms.






Who Am I?


No, I am not a nurse
though I tend you when
you're ill,
cool your heated brow,
softly bandage your bruised
pride,
soak up the spillage
of blood.
No, I am not a teacher
though I help you
understand about
the world we live in,
show you how to
master life's problems,
sit with you throughout the night,
till finally you get logarithms.
No, I am not a chef
though most days
I dish you up your favourite
tasty delights.
Occasionally I go the extra mile
and create an exciting
new recipe.
No, I am not a cleaner,
or office manager,
or football coach,
or taxi driver,
or fashion guide,
or relationship coach,
or driving instructor,
or an expert in writing cv's,
or a money making tree,
No, I'm just your mum,
that's me.




8 comments :

  1. And a very generous mum at that! I wanted to ask, who are you when the door closes and the last child leaves? And then I looked at that picture of your family. Oh, my goodness! You will become grandmum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you for your comment.
      I already have twenty five grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
      So me? I'm a daughter of God first, even with all the family. But, a writer, I hope, and a good wife, mother, grandmother, sister, cousin, friend and so on... But mainly A Christian in love with her Lord.

      Delete
    2. I am now totally exhausted having read your poem and will take to my bed for the next couple of days to recuperate. The Lord has given you special DNA and energy that could power an electricity station for a small city:)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Multifaceted Granny.Very true, we are encapsulated into many roles without knowing their existence. Brilliant write,Grams. What a pleasure knowing you on this poetic journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Isn't this most of us on most days! Love this.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.