Monday, October 7, 2019

Tongue - Day 7

7th Oct 2019

Day 7  of the OctPoWriMo challenge . Tongue is the prompt for today 


       You Are 
                
     When you are gone I close my eyes,
I close my eyes and think of you.
My inmost substance sees you there,
Encounters your presence.   
You Are
the light that brightens my gloom.
When I think of you I cannot breathe,
Mysterious shivers cascade through me,
I tremble at your touch, am caught in your embrace,
A warm flame rests within my heart,
I want to stay,   
You Are
The place I want to be..
I taste your lips, wondrous sweet,
relish every morsel,
True delight, honey from the bee,   
You Are
the only  sustenance for me.
I hear your gentle voice, whispering words of love,
Words that I long to secrete somewhere in my memory,
to be retrieved at times like this,    
You Are
Music to my ears, the echo of my dreams,
Murmurings that comfort me.





14 comments :

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.