Monday, October 14, 2019

Day 14 - Mother Earth





14th Oct 2019



I must say the challenge is getting harder.
Day 14
I took the prompt - Mother Earth and turned it to suit me:




Exploring poetry in all its forms.




Mother of Heaven and Earth

How can it be that you are my mother
Most blessed of all creatures 
Most pure
How can it be that you care for me
You, with all the children of the world
Under your soft protection
How can it be that every little detail
Of my life is of interest to you, 
Dear mother
You, who lived an ordinary life 
But it is,,
So I come  to you, sit with you
Bring my little worries 
And the bigger ones too
And you, you take them up to the sun
Your own dear son 
Yes,  because you are the mother 
Of the creator of the entire universe
You are indeed,
Mother of Heaven and Earth

Antique Russian orthodox icon of Mother of God (Mary) and child (Jesus Christ) painted on wooden board.

8 comments :

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.