Saturday, October 5, 2019

Day 5 Doorway

5th Oct 2019


Day 5 Today the prompt is Doorway - Open or Closed. Hope you like it. I'm really enjoying reading the other poets work on OctPoWriMo. Why don't you take a look too.



Doorway


I lift you from the shelf,
Run my fingers over your
Soft leather cover
Down your spine
Rubbing the gold lettering.
Slowly I put you
 To my nose
Breathe in all
The years, all
Previous readers.
I sit with you
On my lap
And, with reverence
Open the doorway
To a world
You will show me.


8 comments :

  1. Thoughts to foster on. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Indeed, a doorway to wherever it takes us! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a solidarity with those who have read the same book, and I love the image of the previous readers of a book joining in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jade. Reading sure is a doorway to new worlds or familiar ones with new views. Yes, I liked writing this one.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, books are a great and grand doorway!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.