Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Hope at Easter

3rd April 2018.

I am amazed to discover that I there have been over 40,000 visits to my blog!! Yes, I know, hard to believe, isn't it ? Well it's all down to you, my lovely readers. I feel I have let you down lately though with the frequency and quality of posts. But...

Last year I was doing the "Poem a Day In April" challenge. I can't do it this year but thought I'd just take a look back to see how I got on. Most of the writing I've not looked at since.
Here is the one from this day last year:


 Past Bones

Keep hold of that thread,
Let it hang from ancestral  bones
Giving meaning to who we become
Every movement has its reason,
The flower, growing in timely season,
Where what has been
Has come to this,
This, the softness of the present
The delight of now
Hold on to that thread,
Portraying past bones
Though not too tightly
For, each moment inform's the next,
Each thread must be snipped,
Left behind 


To free the mind


Comment:
Reading this in this season of Easter makes me think of the Hope that we have now with thoughts of the resurrection . Letting go of the past but not forgetting. Moving forward freely without letting the past hold us back.  It has a certain sense of freedom to it.


2 comments :

  1. I like this poem very much, Maz! We can hold onto memories and connections, but let go of the negative things that tie us down and embrace the freedom and light of our salvation and our hope for what comes after this life!

    Visit me at Josie Two Shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie . Yes, every day is a new beginning building on the strength of the past which helps us to forge forward into the future with renewed optimism . There is always hope ...

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.