Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Octpowrimo 19, 20, 21

25th Oct 2017

I've no idea how to respond to the prompt for the 19th Oct . So I'm going to try another acrostic.
The prompt is:

Fox or Foxy

Feeling a little heated, red .fur getting redder
One little fox wonders how he can use his cunning
X raying the seen with his eyes he finds he has to use

Other means today. He devises
Rougher ways to find his

Food. He gives it all he's got
Obstinate till the last and then,
X marks the spot
Yes, he will get to eat tonight.


 


Image result for picture of a fox with its kill







More about remembering than desires, here's a poem I wrote a while ago and now post for the prompt for 20th Oct:

Desires and Remembering

Am I Being Clear

Am I being clear?
Things have changed around here,
Life was more peaceful, less stressful,
The three of us, Pottering about, Knew where we were.
Then you came to stay!
Didn’t realise I was so controlling,
Image result for pictures of pizzaBut, three eggs for breakfast (with bacon, saved for the carbonara),
And after a large bowl of porridge and along with four slices of toast!
The budget doesn’t run to it!
Am I being clear?
Then we were told that when we were out,
The two of you , made dinner,
Used all the chicken breasts, and had a whole pizza,
Without a second thought - Too much at one time,
Am I being clear?
And the washing machine – it goes on at night-we save on the ‘ectric ,
And can you not be in the shower for more than twenty minutes?
Am I being clear?


The prompt for the 21st Oct is Nothing Remains the Same.  And I've got a little song this time:


Enjoying the Dance                                    

Embracing, Gliding likes swans on a lake,
We took to the floor, a couple to make.
Quick stepping through galaxies, up with the stars,
Fox trotting on Saturn, Jupiter and Mars.

And they said we could never be
Happy together, you and me.
But we’re still here, proving them wrong,
Enjoying the dance and singing our song,
Enjoying the dance and singing our song.

At times we twirled and danced too fast,
 Feet hardly touching the floor, such a blast.
Our feet would be bleeding our body’s sore,
But we carried on across the dance floor.
Image result for Pictures of couples dancing











And they said we could never be
Happy together, you and me.
But we’re still here proving them wrong,
Enjoying the dance and singing our song,
Enjoying the dance and singing our song.

Our dance has slowed but we still glide,
Gently moving, side by side,
Our adventure will come to an end one day,
But we’ll move on, we know the way.
Chorus



4 comments :

  1. That second poem captures the difficulty of changing family dynamics. Hopefully things can be worked out before the budget breaks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi. It was when my grandson was living with us while completing his first year of uni. We were helping him out so he didn't have a massive debt. He's been gone a while now. Got his degree a wife and expecting their third child. The poem was written tongue in cheek and he loved it. I've performed it a few times at open mikes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked both, but like the one about dancing to your own song, singing your own tune as a couple moving through life... I love it. I am hoping to be able to experience it with my own Dancer now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wealth of poetry here and the playfulness (especially in FOXY) and cherishing of memories that comes through. Beautiful poems to cherish.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.