Monday, October 30, 2017

Forbidden

30th Oct 2017

Where on earth to go with the prompt today .
Oh well, here we go then:

Forbidden

She thought it was forbidden
so she always kept it hidden
and only when she'd died
did they find out

She was a quiet one they said
finding the box under the bed
who'd of guessed this was
what she was about

One and all they told their story
how they thought her grim and gory
but none had thought her
capable of this

They put the suitcase on the bed
right beside the girl  now dead
and while they pondered each
gave her a kiss.

4 comments :

  1. A sad story that happens too often I fear. As it is, my kids may be surprised at what they find if I were to die tomorrow.

    Do we need to know everything about others? Do others need to hide to be accepted, or do they want to hide to feel free? Such a complicated topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this. That whole idea of a mysterious life that people who are left have to deal with is kind of intriguing to me. And each of them giving her a kiss while they figured out what it meant. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  3. reminds me of a movie i saw a few years ago, "get low". there is a nostalgic feel to your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often wonder if I should get rid of a few things just in case I pass unexpectedly but what they hay, surprises add character! Love your poem, thanks for joining us at OctPoWriMo this year!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.