Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Birthday Celebration

I have always found it odd that people celebrate Christmas even though they don't believe in Jesus.
I found this little piece and thought I'd share it with you:


Mary's Christmas Dream
I had a dream Joseph. I don't understand it, but I think it was about a Birthday celebration for OUR SON.
I think that was what it was all about. The people had been preparing for it for about six weeks . They had decorated the house and bought new clothes. They had gone shopping many times and bought elaborate gifts. It was peculiar though, because the presents were not for OUR SON. They wrapped them in beautiful paper and tied them with lovely bows and stacked them under a tree. Yes, a tree, Joseph, right in their house. They decorated the tree also. The branches were full of glowing balls and sparkling ornaments. There was a figure on top of the tree. It looked like an angel might look . Oh, it was so beautiful. Everyone was laughing and they were happy. They were excited about the gifts.
They gave the gifts to each other, Joseph, not to our son. I don't think they even knew Him. They never mentioned His Name. Doesn't it seem odd for people to go to all the trouble to celebrate someone's birthday if they don't know Him? I had the strangest feeling that if Our Son had gone to this celebration, he would have been intruding. Everything was so beautiful Joseph and everyone was so happy, but it made me want to cry. How sad for Jesus not to be wanted at His own birthday party. I'm glad it was only a dream. How terrible , Joseph , if it had been real!!!

And it finishes: "Let's put Christ back into Christmas"
For then there will be peace on earth for all  ...

I hope you all have a great Christmas. 

We have got lots of the family coming and will have twenty two round the table(s) for Christmas dinner.
Someone asked me yesterday what size turkey I would have to get to feed that lot. The answer is no turkey at all. Instead we are having three meats - beef, pork and lamb. 
They will start arriving early on Tuesday and the last will leave probably 3rd or 4th of Jan

We are really looking forward to it, especially as it will be the last time in this house. 
I wonder what future years will bring. 

What are you all doing for Christmas?????
Do share your stories ...





No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.