Tuesday, December 7, 2021

The Lost Sheep

 

Gospel

Matthew 18:12-14

The one lost sheep gives him more joy than the ninety-nine that did not stray

Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Tell me. Suppose a man has a hundred sheep and one of them strays; will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hillside and go in search of the stray? I tell you solemnly, if he finds it, it gives him more joy than do the ninety-nine that did not stray at all. Similarly, it is never the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost.’




Comment:

Being  physically lost yourself or losing a loved one, even briefly is  a terrible feeling. I remember the anxiety, the fear the panic I felt when I lost my daughter for a short time whshe was small. We were in a shopping mall and it was only a few minutes, but nevertheless the gulf of separation that wrapped itself round me was terrifying. Mostly we live in security, in comfort, in safety. I thank God for that. Jesus, the Good Shepherd offers us this security in our spiritual lives and constantly seeks us out when we are lost, carrying us back to the right path if we allow Him to.

So, this parable tells us how much God loves me, He is always looking for me, no matter how much I turn away. and if I just  turn back to Him,  He is overjoyed. And so am I.

4 comments :

  1. "...it is never the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost."

    Amen. 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for that lovely comment Sandi
      🙏 🎄 ☘☘☘ 💙

      Delete
  2. Losing a child somewhere is very scary, and i think our Father feels the same, He doesn't want to lose any of His sheep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Mimi. Our loving Father wants all of us. And when we go astray and get into trouble He comes to find us. I've certainly experienced God my Father coming for me when I was lost in the wilderness. 🙏🙏🙏

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.