Monday, July 13, 2020

The Trip Begins


9th July 2020


Hello everyone.
Today we start our camper van trip to Cornwall. 
The camper is packed out and ready. All preparations have been made. 
But me?
I don't feel ready.
Would you in this time of pandemic? There's a tiny part of me that says, stay put.

Had my bath, last for a while, even on a campsite the only option is a shower. Hair washed, legs and under arms shaved. That should be it.  
But I have a nagging feeling that I'll forget something, something important. Should make a list, be more organised, like a friend I have who has lists for everything. I always have good intentions to do so and I'm convinced it would free up some space in my mind too.
What about you, are you a list writer or, like me, just wing it?
 I'll write a list straight after writers hour. 
 It could be the last one for a while, as it's not always easy to get wifi. I hope not though. 
I mean, if I don't get the travels on the blog while we're away, I rarely get a chance to write them up later as I'm usually on to something else. I have so many journal entries of our adventures that I'd intended to blog about, but they never got written up. 

And today, I've woken up grumpy.
I seem to spend a lot of time grumpy,
I know, wasted time,
or worse,
badly used time.
That word that he said, 
why can't I ignore it,
rise above it,
or at least,
forget it.
No, I let it in,
welcome it even, 
give it hospitality,
 until it becomes, my boss .
It then gets me to let others in,
ones I'd sent away,
never to return, I thought.
And they leave no room for me 
with their big ideas.
I don't like them at all.
Why do I let them in?
I'm going to try to only let in 
the kind words,
and when they come, 
to give them the space they need, 
to encourage 
a thankful heart.
Words can show the good side of life,
I'll let those in,
meditate with them, 
drink in their harmony.

Must put toothbrushes on the list, and tablets - paracetemol, hayfever pills - the prescribed meds are already packed. 
Oh, and I have to clean the downstairs loo before we go.















6 comments :

  1. How i have always wished i could be one of those hyper-organized people, but it is not going to happen. The day would have to be 48 hours for me to be able to get it all done that way.

    Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi. We're back and I'll try to put some words down about our travels.

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By now you'll be well into your trip, or maybe you'll even have finished it. In which case I hope it was good! I hope you benefited from being away from everyday life, and hope to hear about some of your adventures after you get back. Thanks for commenting so kindly on my blog. I know it was weeks ago, but I haven't been in Blogland very much recently!!!! I comment when I can on other peoples' blogs though just to stay in touch. I'm trying to stay away from the screen as much as I can - already seem to be glued to it as i am still in isolation. Hopefully I'll be posting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE are back Jenny, yes, but I'm recording stuff from the journal I kept. I did want to do a travel blog as we went , but it was too difficult to get wifi. I'll have to sort that for another time though because this transposing when I've finished is taking such a long time.
      Please keep writing. You know that tv thing is no good for you. I join the Writers Hour every morning from 8-9am . That gets me going. You should try it. It's free and it's encouraging. Look for The London Writers Salon on the web.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.