Thursday, February 28, 2019

Robin

28th Feb 2019

Here's the photo prompt for Friday Fictioneers. 





Photo : Jean L Hays

 Robin

I hear you first - your familiar song
and my heart begins to soar
I raise my eyes -  there you are
In the tree behind the store.

I stand for a while and watch you
A tear forming on my cheek
For a few brief moments I forget
That the weather is yet so bleak.

Then with joy I remember
That day three years ago
When finally she took her last breath
On that day too, there was snow.

In you flew to the garden
To the tree just outside the room
You gave us a last swansong
As her soul floated up to the moon




17 comments :

  1. Dear Marian,

    There must be something good about the new inLinkz format. I had no trouble getting here. Lovely verses. Sweet and poignant story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rochelle, yes it seems to be working ok.
      Thank you for your lovely comment. Just over the 100 words, though but, ssshhh, don't tell ...

      Delete
    2. Maz, I only get cranky when the pieces go way over 100. like 30-100 or more. ;)

      Delete
  2. I didn't see that bird in the tree,
    but I felt that last swansong.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy, it was an imaginary Robin. I just wanted to write this poem and took a bit of licence...

      Delete
  3. really pulls my heartstrings. very well crafted poetry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sirens song for spring. Rebirth, renewal remember..

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.