Monday, January 3, 2022

Day 10

 3rd Dec 2022

Today is Day 10 of Christmas.

The season is slipping away. For many the blessings and joy of Christmas 2021 are already a distant memory, way in the past. Life has moved on to 2022 and the rush of life has resumed. Like little gerbils on a wheel they go round and round and get nowhere and maybe, also like the gerbils they enjoy their frenzied days. For them the fear is the silence, the stillness, the now.

But, isn't it there, in the present moment, spending time, wasting time with God, where all things come together, where we, just for a moment enter into the now of eternity?

The crib scene still has the possibility to bring us to that place, as we contemplate, the baby, who is our God. Let's spend some time today and tomorrow and the next day in front of the crib and let the baby speak to us. 

Today is the feast of The Most Holy Name of Jesus 

    Jesus

Call on Him many times a day.

Jesus, help - repeat over and over

Jesus, I love you - repeat over and over

Jesus, thank you - many times a day.

Another way:

God the Father,

I believe in, I hope in, and I love you. Help me to believe in, to hope in, and to love you more today.

Jesus,

I believe in, I hope in and I love you. Help me to believe in, to hope in, and to love you more today.

Holy Spirit, 

I believe in, I hope in, and I love you. Help me to believe in, to hope in, to love you more today.


 


4 comments :

  1. Yes!!! Thank you!!! I couldn't agree more. Why are people so anxious to move on and leave the beauty of Christmas behind? Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you, Billie Jo. What an encouraging and beautiful comment.

      Delete
  2. Even though i had to go back to work, i agree and try to pray all through the day. Those are lovely prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.