Monday, May 26, 2014

Is

14th July 2016

Looking back again at the beginning posts and it's day two.
I've played a little with the "sort of " poem I wrote for that day. I remember well the feeling of wanting to make the most of every single day and all the minutes it contains .

Is

We shouldn't dally
In the was of before, 
 The past is gone and
We can't change it
Nor dance 
In the will be of the future
 It may never come
For us
But rather - swim 
In the is of now 
Where we can enjoy
The gift of
This present moment.

But just sometimes memories come and play
 with your today.
Such a handsome couple my ma and pa.





And this from 26th May 2015:

Sunday:  Well, it's day two and I've managed to get back to my blog to be able to post again, which is amazing.
Some trivia:
I was trying to get to my writing ( some poetry) but was distracting myself with social media and getting cold into the bargain. My lovely husband then suggested we go for a walk in "the sunshine". Now whilst I could see that the sun was shining it seemed clear to me that the temperature was not reflecting the fact.
I decided to go anyway and if I was still chilly when we came home I could take a hot bath.
The wind didn't encourage me , but I thought, half an hour wouldn't necessarily turn me into a block of ice.
Then everything changed when we found a sheltered spot in the gardens on Herne Bay seafront. Without any breeze at all it didn't take me long to warm up . We spent a good while, "enjoying the sunshine" and  watching the world go by and I was reluctant to leave, even when hubby suggested a "nice cup of tea" back home.
And now I think my creative writing is going to have to wait till Tuesday at the earliest as it's Bank Holiday tomorrow and we plan to be playing at another seaside with some of the grandchildren. We are looking forward to sand in our sandwiches . Let's hope it's as "sunny and warm" as it was today. I will be taking a blanket. It is England, after all, and still only the month of May.
I am now going back to the quiet. Just the two of us this evening. We did have three others here earlier and probably a few will be back tonight, but for now we just enjoy the moment.

Monday:
Well, we've been with the grandchildren. Weather not brilliant but in the woods it was just right. A long walk and a delicious picnic with lots of little events on the way. It just made me think that :
Poem at top


Catch up with you all again soon.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.