Sunday, February 14, 2021

TTOT February

 14th Feb 2021




Today, Valentine's Day, I am mainly thankful for God's  Love for all of us. Thinking about His immense love for me is just mind blowing. It rests deep in my heart, makes me want to bring it to the world. I see it played out in my marriage as me and my husband try to put God's love there too. 

It makes me so happy to have this man of mine, who constantly loves and struggles to love more. Some women, today are getting flowers and words of love from partners. Me, I get a cup of tea in bed, my computer brought to me so I can write and the  beautiful vision of my dear husband helping our son. It beats flowers any day. Not that my poor hubby wouldn't have bought me flowers , he would. But he knows me well enough to know that, rather than making me feel loved ( well, they might , a little bit), I would probably get irritated at the money spent ( wasted, as the said flowers start dying immediately they come into the house). 

Yesterday we went for a walk in the woods. It was below freezing, but we got so much joy, it was almost worth returning home with icy toes and fingers. 



The sun shone too. And our daughter's dog slid about on icy streams, causing much laughter. 

Earlier in the week, I was told an article I wrote will be published today. You'll find it here: 

https://adamah.media/being-a-grandma-in-a-time-of-pandemic/

    
The smile never slipped from my face all day. 
That, along with other accolades, helps me to convince myself that actually I am a writer. My friend Caroline said a couple of months ago, "If you write , you're a writer." 
That didn't quite do it for me. I mean, I could write rubbish, would I still be a writer? Surley, being a writer meant more than just committing  words to the page. Didn't they have to also have an audience. And to be a proper writer, shouldn't I be getting paid. 
While I still struggle with these questions, I can at least be comforted that someone wants to publish my  work. 
For me that's enough for now. 
Although it's being published today, it's already gone for me . I'm on to the next thing.
Another thankful is the joy I find in writing my memoir. I never in my wildest dreams expected to be able to write more than 70 thousand words, but I have.  

Today, I am thankful for so much. 

There have been many good points. 



4 comments :

  1. Congratulations and yes, you are a writer, and a blessed and beautiful Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual, many thanks for your encouraging comment.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.