Monday, January 25, 2021

Reply to Landays





Day 20:  20th April, 20th poem:

The challenge from napowrimo for today is to write a landay. That is a 22 syllable rhyming couplet with 9 syllables in the first line and 13 in the second. The form comes from  Afghanistan and is usually written by women. I thought I'd give it a go.


Do not  stare, I'm no different , I'm me,
Downs syndrome is who I am, pleased to meet you, don't flea.


Why did you throw me out in the cold
Please let me back home in the warm, I'll be good, not bold.


Don't pass by without a second glance
Look me in the eye, give some money, my life enhance.

This baby she won't stop her crying,
If she don't stop, I'll go round the bend, I ain't lying.

You never came home last night to me,
So from that I take it she was better company.

1 comment :

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.