Saturday, May 28, 2016

Night

Well, I  haven't posted for a while as I've been busy. A holiday in sunny climes and visits from family when we came back, has kept me away from my words. However, I did take a couple of hours out yesterday to go to a Poetry for Wellbeing workshop, which was like watering the dry desert - I really enjoyed it.
So, Just to say that the visits to my blog have reached the amazing number of 17,000 - can you believe that - I hardly can myself.


Night

 Again I am there,
After the work of the day is over,
The body, tired, waits for the rest of the
Living death of sleep.
The sun put out like a candle,
The moon too shy to make an appearance
Hides  behind dark clouds
I lay in the soft comfort of friendly sheets
Trying to avoid those busy 
Dance halls, those bars - bustling,
Where I get crushed , bruised broken...
With the energy of that blessed shadow time
I move closer to the river,
With the moon reflected,
My laughter loud , 
As I leave behind, those chains,
For others to skip around ,
If they will,
For others to fall over,
If they must.
But for me, the peace, the silence, the moon,
Only my own voice to interrupt the calm

4 comments :

  1. Hello, greetings and good wishes.

    Fabulous poem. Sure we look forward to night, a time when we can rest peacefully in the comfort of our bed after hard days work. Night is healing and we have time to think calmly without being disturbed.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thank you for dropping by my blog. I enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.