Thursday, March 1, 2018

Yellow Rose


SPECIAL DEAL - Tete a Tete Dwarf Daffodils in Bud





1st March 2018

Today is St David's day, the patron saint of Wales. How is it that we are already in March? Oh well, time is forever unfolding our lives for us .







I am joining in with the six sentence story this week, having been out of action for a while. Lost my mojo a bit ... The prompt is the word, "Transfer"
Anyway, all of my visitors from across the globe, let me know how you are and what's happening in your place.. 


 Yellow Rose

It had been a long , cold winter with weeks of snow that had stayed around for over a month and this March morning was showing the first signs of a promise of change for the better, with a few crocuses dotted about.
Lucy sat at the kitchen table, cup of tea cradled in her hands , her body gently being warmed by the easterly sun, while she gazed out at her small garden and itched  to get out there and start tidying up.
So, putting on  her wellies , she threw open the door and marched down to the shed where she rooted around for her gardening gloves, a spade, secateurs and, most importantly, her kneeling cushion.
Now, all  ready,  she began to dig a hole under the kitchen window where she intended  to transfer her yellow rose bush, which she had been desperate to move since the end of last summer and which in her mind should have been there all along.
Lucy worked on the hard ground, standing upright  every now and again to take a breather until she had reached a foot down,  when all of a sudden the spade stuck something, which, at first Lucy thought was a large stone, but when she bent down to investigate she was taken by surprise and fell to her knees, mouth open.
What could it mean,  she pondered as slowly she removed dark earth from what she now could see was a bone, a human bone, probably an arm and were there any others buried with it?


Image result for pictures of small rose bushes

16 comments :

  1. Hi!I haven't been around much for awhile either, but this was a spectacular comeback piece on your part! Here I was thinking she might have found a buried box of money or treasures, and no... it's human bones! YIKES! :-)) I love it! (Though I surely wouldn't if I was her!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear! How frightening to find something like that in your own garden. Well told!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was trying to think of some unusual way of using the word "transfer". Thanks for your kind comment ...

      Delete
  3. man! (you and Josie) with the totally intriguing (and promising of enjoyable tales) Six Sentence Story!
    Am looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful story you were telling until...the end! Enjoyed the innocent start and the very surprise ending!
    Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comments everyone. If I could answer individually I would, but can't see where i can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story, Maz. You left us with a mystery. Good beginning for a longer piece. BTW: Just click on the word Reply below each comment and you will be able to address each one individually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Val.
    I don't have an option for reply below each comment - would definitely use it if I had .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maz, go to Settings... Comments... then choose Embedded and Save. Then you will be able to see the reply option under each comment! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work! My imagination gets away from me often, and I imagine finding bodies and such in odd places. For instance, I just stayed in a hotel, and the first thing I did was throw back the shower curtain in case the last person in the room had murdered someone and left the body in the tub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for ypur comments.
      I don't throw back shower curtains...
      Maybe I should?

      Delete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.