Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Octpowrimo days 8, 9, 10,

17th Oct 2017

I can see that I might actually be able to catch up now. Maybe by the time 25th Oct comes I might be on the right day.
But, for now I'm on the 8th Oct and the prompt is:

What do You Know and How do You Know it

Is everything that  I can see, known by me 
and what of that which our eyes can't view 
yet people tell us are there and they're true
and we can see a picture of them in a book
but, for whatever reason we can't actually look
at the real thing.

Is all that is in my head, all that I have studied
and learnt since I was small and just little seed 
from all the world around real knowledge indeed 
that "how to" gleaned from father and mother too 
and then, even  years later  more gained from you
my true computer fling  

Prompt for 9th Oct :

Tapping into Your Creative Mind

It's what I would like to do if I had one, a creative mind, I mean 
it would make it so much easier to get down to the writing
something would always be there, in the depths, to be retrieved 
lurking in the recesses  , behind all the goings on of the day
I could just tap, tap, dig, dig  a little bit and be sure
 to come up with an idea or two that I could work with.
But, alas, it's not to be , for I only have the mind I have
I'm afraid that'll have to do for me.

Prompt for 10th Oct:

Power and Control

In  letting go lies the power
giving control of every hour
of our life






1 comment :

  1. I do believe you have a creative mind, otherwise I wouldn't still be reading your poems ;)

    And I agree with your 'letting go' poem. Thank you for finding words to say it so concisely.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.