Monday, October 16, 2017

Octpowrimo Days 4, 5, 6 and 7

16th Oct 2017

The Prompt for 4th Oct ( will I ever catch up?) is:

"Between the Clouds and the Water." Trying an acrostic with that then...

By
Eleven on
That day people gathered,
Waiting
Eagerly for the sign.
Everyone
Nudging

Their way through
Heaving,
Endless

Crowds
Looking
Out for anything
Unusual. What would she
Do? What had
She in mind?

And
Now  they were
Drenched

Then they
Heard a sound as of angels
Everyone saw the clouds part and

With their eyes wide and all at once dry,
At least one hundred
Thousand witnesses
Experienced the miracle happening in
Reality before them, of the dancing of the sun

Hope you liked that little story. If you want to know what actually happened look up Fatima, the miracle of the sun.


The prompt for the 5th Oct:

"Finally I Understand"

I would like to be able to say that I am at an age,
a time in my life when I can say
finally, I understand.

But , no matter how many seconds I spend
pondering the ups and downs
I'm no nearer to this end

There are, I've just worked out, eighty six thousand,
four hundred seconds in each
twenty four hour day

So, it's possible that, with a lot more thinking and study
I will finally understand
what do you say?


Prompt for Oct 6:

While I Was Pacing The Floor

In the early hours, dark shadows told stories
that are only understood in the night
as my eyes tried to construct some meaning.

Her cries welled up inside me, a waterfall of loving
I took her in arms that ached to calm,
that wanted to make her cease screaming

What is it little one , what's the matter, what's wrong
come let me give you a cuddle
I'll  whisper in your ear a gentle song

So, on those nights, while I was pacing the floor
a connection was made between us
a bond that will last for ever more.


 Prompt for 7th Oct

Then I Went too Far

Reds, yellows, oranges, crunched underfoot
hot breath met the chill autumn air, misting glasses.
And on she walked, mindless among trees and bracken,
trudging through brambles, off the main track .
Would he even notice ? How had they come to this ?
Standing in a clearing, too many ways to choose
which way to go, where was she anyway?
She had gone too far
Too far to retrace her steps
Any path would do

















3 comments :

  1. I love how all your poems have rhymes that flow through to the next thought, line. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For your day 5... I believe that we start aging when we stop learning. So I think you're doing fine ;)

    I loved the pacing the floor one. I can relate to it too. I liked the rhyming, there, singing us the song...

    As for the last one... we often go to far when fueled with anger. It's no easy task to find one's way back. Hope you did!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment with advice and critique.